Monday, June 28, 2010

Hold onto your purses, ladies

OMG - I had a horrible & a great day yesterday...both emotions occurred in a span of 20 minutes.

We went downtown to return an item GJA had purchased & stopped for lunch because PJ was hungry. I brought food to our table in the food court & put my purse on the back of the chair...which I never do anymore, when PJ is in his stroller (which he was). We had alot of stuff in the carrying bin underneath his chair & I don't like to have it hanging on the handle (especially in THIS mall), so on the chair back it went.

You can imagine what happens next, I'm sure. We walked away to take back the item 2 floors above where we ate. We got into the store, GJA started trying on different coats, when my brain went...where's my purse? Off I ran down 2 escalators to the food court to find that my purse was no longer there...not that I was surprised...just shocked at my stupidity. I ran into the ladies bathroom to see if maybe it had been dumped in there...but no...so I asked one of the sales clerks in the food court where guest services was...so I ran up the escalator there. NOPE...no purse. She took my name & number just in case it showed up.

My surroundings were swirling around me as I went back to the store to find GJA & PJ & have a good cry. They weren't there. Being that I was in shock, I immediately thought that they had been kidnapped & I was stuck downtown with only 2 Kleenex & a roll of tums in my pocket and that was it.

I went back down to the food court & saw GJA's feet (odd, huh?) as I was getting on the 2nd escalator, but by the time I got to the bottom, I couldn't see them. I just stood in the middle of the mall looking at all the escalators/elevators hoping to see them whilst I was shaking about all the time the person was having with my visa/master card/bank card/etc....or maybe they were on their way to our house with my key?

I decided to go back up to the store & I was 1/4 the way up the escalator when I saw GJA and I turned around & ran down & just about sprained my ankle - but at least I had found my family & had a good cry. We decided we better get home in case someone was trying to get in (& I wanted to cancel my cards), & on the way to the car, I stopped at guest services...& they HAD my purse...everything was there. A cleaning staff member saw my purse & brought it up.

I was so happy & appreciative & still shaking & in shock that I continued to cry, off & on, all the way home. Horrible & amazing all withing 20 minutes - I needed a nap, or at the very least, a drink!

Keep your eyes on your purses, ladies - its no fun to lose it.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got it back! I can imagine the stomack-churning panic. Blech. Glad it all turned out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO! I was stunned. I think about it now and I'm surprised I was able to walk with all the shaking I was doing.

    ReplyDelete