For temperature, it was just an average January. We did have more rain and snow though for a normal January (from weather channel): Avg snowfall for Jan = 21cm; Avg rain for Jan = 1 mm I don't think we hit the record set in 1979 for total amount of snow in January. The record is 66 cm (26 inches) back in 1979, we were only at 44 cm before it rained.
We also didn't hit the record of most snowfall in 1 day which was in January 1989...I think we missed it by 4 cm.
See this snow mountain that is about 10 minutes from our neighbourhood. There are more than 1 of these snow mountains in town:
Here are some photos I took around us in January:
front of house before
Jan 18
Jan 8
Jan 18
Jan 18
the bbq is under this
Jan 8
notice the bike racks on the left - almost 100% buried in snow
No comments:
Post a Comment