As pretty much anyone with kids knows, you are expected to volunteer for the school. Thankfully, there isn't alot of pressure at PJ's school to do a ton of volunteering...well, not yet, anyway.
GJA was going to volunteer for the casino, but the shifts were filled up almost before we received notice that they wanted volunteers. I volunteered to help out at the library. Today was my first morning. There were a few books to put back in there assigned spots.
Its pretty easy work (so far - it was only day 1)...and would be even easier IF I could read the book's labels! These darn bifocals make it hard to see the books that are already filed...so it was difficult to get the returned books to the right place. After attempting to crouch up and down to file my books properly, I had to give that up because I couldn't read the books that were there....that and I could feel my calves screaming (ok, so I need exercise). I eventually had to sit on the floor and pull out the books to find where I needed to be.
THEN I noticed that alot of the books that are already shelved...aren't in the right spots (stupid, stupid accountant's attention to detail)...so it took a lot longer than I thought it was going to take to file the books because I had to fix large sections of books.
Of course, some kids took out reptile books ... so putting those back wasn't fun ... and I'm sure some 'may' be slightly out of order...but I didn't think it wise to scream in fear at books with snakes on the cover.
There were classrooms of kids coming and going too. This is because on the outer perimeter of the library there are meeting rooms and computers labs. Some of the classes sat at tables within the bookshelves to recite their story they had written - which was cute.
Well - we'll see how the next volunteering session goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment