Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween is Torture to a Child - Who Knew?

While PJ was having his afternoon nap, GJA and I carved these pumpkins.


Then we got dressed for Halloween & quickly got our photos taken while it was still light outside.



Once he got up, we didn't have all our hair/masks on yet...we let him see them prior to putting them on - I guess that's why he was ok sitting with GJA with this horrible mask on. I was in our room getting dressed and I come out to have GJA standing at the door looking like this - I screamed! What a brat he is.


Then is was time to attempt to get PJ into his giraffe costume. At school, they couldn't get the hood on him, they said it was too small for him..but really, he just doesn't like things on his head so we put it on anyway. We got a great reaction (as we get every Halloween).
Eventually I found the combination of silly sounds that made him crack a smile. He didn't keep it on long - but enough to get a few photos.


We also have some battery operated pumpkins sitting at the front window.

He wasn't happy with the trick-or-treaters at the door - so once all kids started ringing the door bell - he was hiding. He wouldn't let us take him next door to see any of the neighbours - oh well - soon enough, he'll want to stay out all night running to houses getting candy - so we'll enjoy it while we can (that and he won't eat the candy, so more for us!)
We had 74 kids this year at the door - that's the most we've ever had - but nothing compared to back when we were kids when there were 300+ at the door every year.

OH...so the scrapbook page for this 2009 Halloween adventure is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment