Don't you hate it when the perfume people (ladies) jump out at you spraying their latest perfume your direction?
I normally run for the hills and say...no thank you...to keep from being sprayed. This week, however, a lady asked if I wanted to try a sample of a new perfume, so I said, sure...and she handed me the sample card. It smelled very nice, which is what I said...and she offered to give me a squirt. I actually agreed...and got a small squirt on my wrist.
She said...I made sure I didn't douse you with it...and I immediately got a flash-back to my grandmother. Every time she went to a department store, she couldn't help herself with all the perfumes. She would pick up one, get a huge squirt on her wrist...walk a bit, grab another one and got a huge squirt on the other wrist...then onto another one, squirting in another area on her body etc until she totally smelled like the whole perfume counter. We'd try to stop her, but she just kept doing it...she loved all the different smells and didn't find them contradict with each other.
Nice flash-back, but I almost burst into tears - I wish she was still around...but, I was so lucky to have her to love until she passed at 97 years - not alot of people are that lucky.
Here are a few photos of my favorite person:



No comments:
Post a Comment