Sunday, November 28, 2010

Outdoor Christmas lights

The temperature was about -6C today (instead of -28C it was last week) so we thought we better get out and put up our outdoor lights (since we couldn't do it earlier since I was too sick).

I love the icicle lights and last year several sections in a few of the strings burnt out, so we needed new ones. I wanted the LED cool-white ones (because they are more blue than yellow) so I bought 6 boxes of them. We started putting them up and I quickly realized that we wouldn't have enough to make the strings of them reach the power outlet. I was thinking about an extension cord but GJA thought we could get one of the sets from last year (that still work) and use that. Well... there was one that still lit all the lights, so up it went, even though I knew it was a bad idea.

Neither of us wanted to stand in the snow to put up lights across the front porch, so there were WAY too many icicle lights so he wound them back and forth for a bit. Not happy...it needs to be across the front porch, but since I'm the one that would have to stand in the snow, I''ll live with it. ANYHOW...GJA turned on the lights and YUCK...the old lights are YELLOW compared to the nice, beautiful blue-white ones...AARRGGH!

This MUST be changed...we need the weather to cooperate for a little longer so that one string can be changed. I drove like a crazy woman to Canadian Tire to get more lights...and I got the last 4 boxes of the cool-white. If I wanted multi-color or yellow-white...there were tons left.

I'll try to take a picture of this disaster...and PLEASE PLEASE let the weather be nice next weekend so this can be changed. GJA has to work today...and then zip back in time for the Grey Cup (since the Riders are in and its being played in town...its important for him to watch...whatever)....so they won't be changed today.

Go http://scrapperdee-rambling.blogspot.com/2010/12/outdoor-christmas-lights.html for the photo




2 comments:

  1. Beatutiful Site! And to think I feel FROZEN at 37 degrees! Sunny California is just a bit warmer! Anyways I have a stylish blogger award for you on my blog...please come over and get it! Raechelscards@blogspot.com They are more of a blog hop fun thing! Hope you play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Raechel! I'll come over to visit your blog too!

    ReplyDelete