Wednesday, July 1, 2009

He would have been 45 today

Brian was born on July 1, 1964 and would have been 45 today. Canada Day always meant Brian's birthday - and he loved the fact that Princess Diana's birthday was also on Canada Day. This photo was on the program for his celebration of life. It was taken in Europe.

I've been dreaming alot about him this week. Last night I passed him in a mall and I was so sure that it was him that I had to stop and talk to him - how often do I run into Brian, he lives in Saskatoon? The person looked just like this photo (except different clothes), but as I approached him, I realized he was shorter than Brian and I re-remembered that he had died.


Here are some photos of Brian over the years - I wish that we had more - his family rarely took pictures, and my father did some, but not alot.

Here he is with his big brother - they were all big - Brian was 6'2"and his brother is 6'7" - I didn't get any of the height! They visited us many times and we always spent a ton of time playing cards.


We took a trip to Toronto and here we are at Casa Loma (with his mother) and Niagara Falls (with his father) and also to Vancouver & Victoria - here he is on the road to Vancouver.


I never got to stand beside him in group shots...I always had to stand in front because I'm vertically challenged.



These were taken the last time I saw Brian - July 2007. At least he smiled for me (with my brother in the picture).


I can't believe that he's gone and left me without another cynical, smart-mouthed person to talk to and laugh with. I'm so sad today and I must get out of here so maybe I can stop crying. I just can't imagine what your mother is going through today - it breaks my heart.
I would be leaving tomorrow to visit him in Saskatoon - now GJA is going on his own.
Happy Birthday Brian....
RIP - I miss you.
(See more about Brian here)

3 comments:

  1. So sad. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheila. I'll be ok...I do worry about my Aunt though. I keep thinking that I should be in S'toon talking to Brian tonight and seeing him tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your posts. I think of Brian often. He was a good friend and I miss him as well. Lazy summer afternoons spent at the beach chatting about this, and that, and everything; lunches over beers at Amigos... I live in Edmonton now, but it's just like yesterday. God bless, David Maki david@davidmaki.com

    ReplyDelete