We had GJA's mom over to baby-sit PJ and off we went. We were only there for a couple of hours. It was 28C that day and thankfully the buildings block most of the sun when there around 5 pm. It was still hot though, with the concrete soaking up the sun all day...but not as hot as it is at noon with the sun beaming down. Since they're re-done Sir Winston Churchill Square, there is alot of places to sit - which is great!
I had my usual Beef Lemongrass Skewer (well, more than one!). I also had Chicken Caesar Pita (more than one), Raspberry Chocolate Mousse w/ Cocoa Crisp & Deep Fried Mars Bar. I didn't get to have my chocolate dipped strawberries because they only had white chocolate...and white chocolate isn't chocolate, so I passed on it (boo hoo).



I had my usual Beef Lemongrass Skewer (well, more than one!). I also had Chicken Caesar Pita (more than one), Raspberry Chocolate Mousse w/ Cocoa Crisp & Deep Fried Mars Bar. I didn't get to have my chocolate dipped strawberries because they only had white chocolate...and white chocolate isn't chocolate, so I passed on it (boo hoo).



Graeme had Chicken Caesar Pita, Alberta Beef Mini Cheddar Burger, Sweet Potato Fries, Raspberry Chocolate Mousse w/ Cocoa Crisp, Maple Devine Cake & Cappuccino Chocolate Shooter Cup.
We had 2 drops of rain on us as we walked to the car. We talked about the CN Tower (not sure why) and got about 1/2 way home and it started raining. The real storm didn't hit us until after 10...but it got really dark, really quick and there was some hail and heavy winds! The power flickered on and off for a couple of seconds, a few times...just enough to make us fix all the clocks. Some areas of Edmonton had power out for almost 24 hr!
It was odd that the hardest hit building was the CN tower, and we had just talked about it on the way home. It was just the front/entrance that was damaged, so it should be fixable. Its always sad to see broken trees.





Wow, look at that damage! I am sorry I missed Taste of Edmonton. They were having Bite of Seattle when we were there but we were too pooped to participate. Looks like you had some yummy food!
ReplyDeleteYes, there was some damage. There were a few trees on our end of town, but most was on the east end of town - just like when the tornado went through several years ago.
ReplyDeleteThe food was yummy! Hope you had a good time in Seattle