Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day 2012

Today is Canada Day and would have been my cousin Brian's 48th birthday and also Princess Diana's 51th birthday. 

As is typical for today, GJA's bad is playing downtown.  This year its at noon, so for us to get there in time, we need to leave by 11ish and it'll be done sometime around 2 - totally cuts into this day.  The forecast is for rain, so if it looks like it'll rain, PJ and I will skip it.  Actually, its not too much fun to go to because you can't SEE him on stage and PJ doesn't have the patience to sit and listen...and there's too many people and its too loud...so traisping  around and keeping an eye on PJ is just annoying....we'd be better off not to go, but PJ should have a chance to maybe sit and listen....hmmm.

As would be expected, I think a lot about Brian at this time of year because Canada Day always meant HIS birthday.    Lately I've been thinking that I don't laugh a lot.  I'm not sure if I ever DID laugh a lot, but for some reason I find that if I DO laugh, it twigs that I haven't done it in awhile, which tells me that I don't do it very much.  It would be nice to spend a bunch of time with Brian and we could snicker and giggle and laugh at whatever tickled his fancy.  Its so bizarre to think that we would laugh so much, and mainly at what he was talking about, and that he was bipolar....and none of us knew it.  I never saw him in the down cycle and not sure if I saw him in his up cycle, or if all the funny stories were part of the up cycle, I'll never know.

I miss you Brian - Happy Birthday!  Quit laughing and rolling your eyes at me and send me some help, ok?!

(See more about Brian here)

No comments:

Post a Comment