Here we go - a potential biggie if you are a scrapbooker - Physical photos and digital photos. The original post about this is HERE
The original post says there are 2 ways to store photos - chronologically or by subject. I mainly do chronologically...BUT for main trips/vacations, they are by subject and mainly chronologically and not stored with my chronologically filed photos. You should store digital photos the same way as you do your physical photos. I do this...digital photos are all by date and big trips have their own folder, but are by date within their folder.
She has 3 methods of storing - photo albums (DH uses this); card files (not sure what that is) and photo boxes (what I use). She also lists methods for filing digital photos using tagging software. I just have folders by year and sub-folders by month. Each photo's name has the date on it, so I just need to remember the month a photo was taken and I can find it pretty quickly. I actually print EVERY photo (unless its blurry or eyes are shut)...and THIS gets me into trouble.

No comments:
Post a Comment