OK, so I'm behind - but my excuse is that I'm waiting for my paper holders from Joann's to arrive. BUT I have time this week because scraps are NOT an issue for me.
The post on the original blog is HERE
She starts by saying that if you keep the scraps but never EVER look at them or use them...then they need to be donated or tossed. I was like that...I had hoards and hoards of scrap about 6 years ago...I went through it all and tossed the small bits and paper I would never use again and gave it all the old heave ho...don't let the door bite you on the way out!
Now, I DO use the scraps...and they have come in handy on many a cricut design when you just need a wee bit and instead of cutting into a 12x12 paper (that's what I buy), I dig into my scraps and I always find one that's perfect, or at least good enough, to use!
She mentions to only keep a certain size...and the smallest she keeps is 2x2. I'm probably more like 3x3...although I DO keep long, narrow strips that I can easily use for matting (unless its some wacky color I would only use on the project it was used on)...so I'm not as strict with my 3x3 limit.
I have mine in those 12x12 Craft Keepers (plastic envelopes with a string/button closure (which isn't closed...too many scraps). I have them organized by color...but not organized within the color - so if the scrap is blue, its in the blue section (not the navy vs the light blue sections). For reference - I only have TWO of these keepers with scraps...so really, not a ton.
I also don't keep ANY scraps of patterned paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment