I normally start setting up the Christmas tree during the CFL Grey Cup game. This was on Sunday, but I only just had a chance to start today.
Our tree comes with about 64 individual branches to setup. Each is labeled with a color and letter so that they can be "easily" setup. Well - its not that easy because the large (bottom) branches are at the bottom of the box (otherwise I can't get everything back into the box). SO...its a pain to get all the branches out and try to find the matching branches.
I also start putting on the lights (there are at least 2000 mini lights) as each level of branches is put on the pole. This year I thought I'd put up 2 levels of branches and then do the lights...in the hopes that I don't run out of lights by the top of the tree [which is normally what I end up doing and then have to add another string ;)].
I got the bottom 2 levels on...with lights and then went down to get the next two sets (H & I). I find that I only have H & J...which means that I have one row on too early - should be K J I H...but I now have K I J H!
Do you think anyone will notice the over-hanging row and then the short looking row? I really don't want to take down that 2nd row (with lights) if no one will notice....hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment