Friday, January 8, 2010

Visit with friends...

I went to Don's service today. It was standing room only...and I think that there were people that couldn't even get into the room and were standing out in the foyer. I parked about 2 blocks away and ran there...and managed to get a seat (too close to the front for my liking).

All the stories were very nice and they had a really special photo montage - it was fun to see him as a little boy and with a cheesy 70's moustache! In every photo he had a big grin on his face. There were several photos of him with people that visited with him while he was sick. He looked so thin and had no hair, but he still had that big grin on his face, in each and every photo. To be so positive and so sick at the same time, that can't be easy.

I knew quite a few people there - lots of current and ex accounting staff members were there and I had some visiting with them. The CEO of Stantec gave me a hug, as did the CFO - that place drove me nuts, but the people were/are great. Several people asked if PJ was 5...HA HA...5...does it seem that long since I was there...he's not even 4 yet. One person asked if I wanted a job...and then 5 minutes later, his boss came over and asked me the same thing and said he could work out a part-time situation if I wanted. Nice to hear, since I didn't think they gave a rat's ass that I was gone (not these 2 fellows though, they were always appreciative of my effort).

The Auditor General of Alberta (aka GJA's boss) was there and I went up and chatted with him for awhile. There were a few engineers there from the Calgary office and alot of ex-employees, like me.

I'm glad I went...I had a good cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment