Monday, January 4, 2010

What happens to your e-mail blogs etc...

...when you die? Do you keep a listing of them and the passwords so your loved ones can close them down or do you just not bother?

One of the places I visit (http://dwwilson.wordpress.com/) is of the ex-CFO of Stantec Inc (where I used to work). He announced his retirement Sept 2008 (retired December 2008) to travel and sit on some boards and audit committees and just enjoy not doing the daily accounting grind (being that he was only in his early to mid 50's at the time and had accumulated enough wealth to live a very good retirement life). He went on vacation in October 2008 and became sick...and found out he had cancer.

Turned out that it was a cancer that was hard to cure & manage & he was in alot of pain.

I just found out that he passed away Jan 4 2009 (this morning).

Don't retire too late...you need to enjoy the wealth ($ and family) you've accumulated over your life because you never know what's going to happen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I saw you post a question on my blog about finding a certain video. If you go to my "videos" at the top of my page you will see the episode you are searching for. It is number 4.

    Have a great night!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete