Sunday, February 13, 2011

Eggshells

Please don't read this if you don't want to hear me bitch and complain.

___________________________________________________________________

PJ may be allergic to eggs BUT he sure has me walking on eggshells all the time.

He is pretty stuck in his routines which means that I'm stuck in them too.  I'm expected to follow the routines even if he changes them in his mind.  When the expectations are not met, I get a lovely tantruming child that doesn't have enough words to communicate to me what the problem is, so the tantrum continues.  Until I can figure out what part of the routine that's in his head that I missed, and then do it, the tantrum will never stop.

Tonight we had one of those, the problem with this one was that just as I had figured out what was missing and was in the middle of fixing it, GJA decided to do something that irritated PJ...which put a break into the routine I was trying to fix...and the tantrum started up again.  

Eventually I was able to calm the kid down by finishing whatever it was that he felt needed to be done (or re-done, several times, in my opinion).  I was spent and angry.  GJA knew that doing that one act was going to get PJ off again...but he did it anyway and acted like he didn't know it would cause a problem....and then had the gall to laugh about it.  I had to put myself in a time out before I lashed out at the 2 of them.  I wished I had a dog so that there would be a house for these 2 to be sent to.

How short is YOUR leash?  Mine feels really really short.

Juggling the rigid routines of these two boys takes all my energy.  Little wonder I feel tired, irritable, useless and isolated all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment