Saturday, February 26, 2011

Granny would have been 101 today

My Grandmother - Marjorie Mitchell - was born today back in 1910 in Melville SK and would have been 101 today.


She loved birds and as shown in this picture, they often would let her feed them right from her hand. If she was late to feed them, they'd be standing on her step chirping away, trying to get her attention.




We took PJ out to meet Granny in August 2006 when he was only 5 months old. Granny had 6 great grandchildren - PJ is the youngest. He is also the only great grandchild that she saw at this young of an age and she was thrilled to see him.
Unfortunately, that was the last time I saw Granny. I had a feeling it would be and it was very difficult to drive away that day. I ran back in just before we left for another hug, kiss and I love you.
I miss her very much - each and every February. I especially miss her this month when I need some happy chats after PJ's diagnosis just over a week ago.

She passed away, just before Mother's Day, in 2007....she was 97.

No comments:

Post a Comment