Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gateway Big Band

GJA performs with the Gateway Big Band.  They practice every Monday night in preparation for around 5 to 6 gigs every year....and to play in a jazz band.

Every July 1 (Canada Day) for as long as I can remember, they always play in an outdoor concert in downtown Edmonton for the "Works"  festival.  We took PJ when he was around 3 months old.  He found it very loud (so did I).  We managed to get there early enough to find a table that was in the shade of a huge umbrella [which was great because it was around 30C (86C)].  My parents came, as did GJA's mom - and Miriam also came.  It was great because the grandparents wanted to play with PJ and I got to eat in piece and kinda have an outing.

Anyway, they are doing it again this year....if you are around and need something to do the afternoon of July 1.

OH...and they have a myspace page too - photos and I think there are even audio clips of them performing.

Here's the myspace page link.  

No comments:

Post a Comment