Here are some photos of some of the pieces after they were cut (I used the gypsy to squish as many as I could into the smallest piece of paper.
Here's the front of the card - I did some inking around the white piece and the apple:
And the pop-up part:
I added the tree and grass myself. It took awhile to figure out how to get the tree to pop-up...and as long as it does it the 1st time they open the card, that's good enough for me. I wanted some dimension, so I put the tree slightly ahead of the building...which made it hard to do the grass...so its only adhered with glue on the tree trunk.
Here's the link to my original test-concept - school pop-up trial




Just saw this on the Cricut MB and had to stop by and tell you how fabulous it is! The front of the card is just adorable by itself and WOW for the inside! Can't believe you put together 8 of these!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind words, Tanya!
ReplyDeleteIt actually didn't take as long as I thought it was going to take. I stretched it out over several days so only a hr or 2 each day.
I think you did a great job! very cute!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! You did an awesome job!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for you kind comment !
ReplyDeleteWow! 8 of them!!! It's a fantastic card! I bet everyone loves them!
ReplyDeleteYes - EIGHT!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope they did...they were probably more impressed with the Chapter's gift card that was inside (hiding behind the schoolhouse).
Thanks for stopping by!
You know what I love about this card? The pop up is big and really takes up the inside of the card!!! The others I have seen are so small. I love this and I love that you linked to your trial so we could see how you figured it out! Love the addition of the tree and grass. That is just awesome! I think they should have had you design the pop up cartridge! Yours is wayyyyy cuter than the others I have seen! I am sure they loved their cards!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, how did I not know you had a blog? I am so glad you posted this on the Circle so I could find my way here. I am a follower now.
Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)
HA HA Nadia! You are hilarious! YOU should be a designer on cartridges - I have no artistic ability whatsoever.
ReplyDeleteThe reason I made it as big as I could was because I didn't want to deal with teeny tiny pieces.
Thanks ever so much for your very kind comments!
Great job with the pop-up card! Haven't tried yet. Good luck with the challenge! I'd love to see you win!
ReplyDeleteJen - Your layout was WAY better than my pathetic card. I'd love to see YOU win!
ReplyDeleteThis is way COOL! As Nadia said, it is one of the BEST pop-up card I've seen! Congrats on a great design. Know the teachers loved getting theirs!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your kind comment. I sure hope they liked the card!
ReplyDelete