Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding - Car ride, clothing change and cake

Apparently no one knew that they were going to leave Buckingham Palace and drive to Clarence House (where Prince Charles & Camila live) so they could relax and get ready for the evening function.  I think its fantastic that they were able to drive themselves away from the reception and have a "just married" experience in a car!  What a Hoot!  Apparently it was a Aston Martin - which GJA assures me is COOL because it relates to James Bond.


I only found a handful of photos of them arriving for the evening function.  Again, I think Pippa's dress was the best.

What is with the pointy bra cups?
I'm really not sure what Camila was thinking with THIS dress - looks like a house-coat
See - fabulous! Maybe she's trying to snag a young rich guy at the event
Carole Middleton's gown is great too!


I also found some photos of the cakes they will be having.   Details of the flowers used in the white cake are:

Rose (white) - national symbol of England
Daffodil - national symbol of Wales, new beginnings
Shamrock - national symbol of Ireland
Thistle - national symbol of Scotland
Acorns, oak leaf - strength, endurance
Myrtle - love
Ivy - wedded love, marriage
Lily of the valley - sweetness, humility
Rose (bridal) - happiness, love
Sweet William - grant me one smile
Honeysuckle - the bond of love
Apple blossom - preference, good fortune
White heather - protection, wishes will come true
Jasmine (white) - amiability
Daisy - innocence, beauty, simplicity
Orange blossom - marriage, eternal love, fruitfulness
Lavender - ardent attachment, devotion, success, and luck.



FABULOUS!




Apparently this is Williams favorite cake that is normally made by Buckingham Palace staff
I sure hope we get some details on the reception and what Harry has up his sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment