Monday, April 25, 2011

Royal Wedding - Where were you - on July 29, 1981?

There's less than a week before the big Royal wedding, so since I'm getting all obsessed about info about it, I thought I'd take a look back at Chuck & Di's wedding.  

Where were you July 29, 1981?  I was in the middle of a road trip to Ontario.  We stayed that night in a hotel in Sudbury Ontario and both our family and my cousin's family got up early to watch it on TV.  It was great fun!  

Here are some photos from the internet that are what I remember of that wedding.

I was stunned that her gown was so wrinkled - the designer really screwed that up!

I remember thinking it was strange that the attendants were all children - they were well behaved though, most kids I've seen in wedding parties are a disaster that keep on giving

Who did her hair?  It was so droopy after that tiara was weighing it down.
I remember thinking it was so romantic - little did we know.
Still droopy hair -couldn't have have stepped in and done something before official photos were taken.  This is nice though because of all the fuzzy focus blocks out all the frilly crap on the bodice.
This was one of my favorite photos - the coloring in that room was perfect for the white gowns - the Queen, however, looked very old fashioned for 1981 - she looks way more fashionable now in 2011!
I also liked this photo when they all flopped down tired from the photos.  Might have been the last time she laughed...who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment