I thought that Kate looked amazing...but of course she did, she's young and stick thin! There were rumors that she wanted to wear a red gown or a strapless gown etc - that was all silly because you can tell by the fashions she has been wearing thus far that she's a little more traditional than that (and who wants your future grandmother-in-law...AKA the QUEEN to have a heart attack at your wedding when you arrive in a red strapless gown). I was expecting her in something more sleek (more like Pippa's gown, but not as sexy). I heard that she had padding on the hip area to emphasize her small waist - hmmm maybe that's why my hips are so huge...to emphasize my small waist (NOT!)
My immediate impression was that I didn't like the veil - to flat for my liking, but it did look ok while in the Abbey. My 2nd impression was that I didn't like the bodice area (well, the pointy bra-cup things)...too pointy. I did immediately love the neckline and the high collar.
![]() |
| Very small bouquet, but it was pretty |
Details about the bouquet -The wedding’s official website (published by Clarence House, Prince William‘s residence), describes the bouquet as “a shield-shaped wired bouquet of myrtle, lily-of-the-valley, sweet William and hyacinth.” Ivy was also included for its traditional meaning of “fidelity; marriage; wedded love.” Each of the elements selected had strong significance for the couple’s families, particularly for the Royal Family. The myrtle in Kate’s bouquet was taken from two sources: a plant that has grown along the terrace walls at Osborne House since it was placed there by Queen Victoria in 1845, and another that was grown from the myrtle in Queen Elizabeth‘s wedding bouquet in 1947.
I also loved that just before she walked into the Abbey, she turned, looked at the crowd and gave one last wave. She looked so calm - how can she be so calm - her life is changing so drastically!?! I didn't notice, but I heard that she was shaking through the ceremony. I loved that Harry looked back, while Kate was coming up the aisle and then leaned in to tell something to William. I wish we knew what that was. I was hoping that he would turn around and sneak a peek at her, but he didn't. I since read that they think Harry said - wait until you see her.
Another thing I loved was that once she reached William, he looked at her and said - you look beautiful.
![]() |
| Looks like he made a joke. I read that he might have said something like...I thought this was supposed to be small and intimate. |
![]() |
| I wonder why they decided that William didn't need a wedding band |
![]() |
| The lace was so detailed |
They did the vows very early - probably a good thing, then you get the talking bit over with and you don't have to worry about it for the next hour. I was funny that he had a hard time getting her wedding band on her finger - ha ha.
![]() |
| This is one of my favorite photos. The lace on the bottom of the gown was beautiful. |
Another part I really liked was when they came back from signing the marriage certificate...William came through the small door and held his hand to help her through - she looked so royal coming through that door. I couldn't find a photo of it on the web though.












No comments:
Post a Comment