Sunday, July 3, 2011

Royal visit - July 2, 2011 Ottawa and Montreal

On July 2, Kate and William planted a tree (all the royals and dignitaries do this).  They chose a hemlock tree because it was long lasting (typically can live 800 years).  They also looked at the tree that Charles and Diana planted years ago.






Charles and Diana's tree

She had a really nice dress on - I thought it was a green color, but everywhere on the Internet they are calling in grey.  It had a great v-neck back on it.


They visited with several war vets and war brides and couples that were married their same day as William and Kate were (but different years).  They helped unveil a mural there too.




Then they were off to Montreal.

Then they were off to Montreal.  There were protesters there (those against being oppressed by the monarchy - which I don't understand...how are they oppressed?).  I'll have no photos of that.  They spent time at a hospital and then off to a cooking class...ha ha!  I found some great photos of that!







Then they had dinner that the real students made....not sure if they ate what Will and Kate helped them make.

They sure looked liked they were having a fantastic time at this cooking lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment