Does doing one of the following seem exciting to you:
- swim for 2.4 miles (3.8km)
- bike for 112 miles (180 km)
- run 26.2 miles (42.2 km)
well...then, how does doing them all at the same time sound to you? That's want you'd do if you ran an Ironman...are you up for it?
I'm absolutely NOT! I can't even balance on a bike...so that portion is out. For the running, well, I could maybe do 5km in a hour..not sure how long it would take me to do 42.2 km...but I know there would have to be alot of pee breaks!
Anyway...as I was organizing scrapbooking stuff, I found my disk with photos from when my brother Dean participated in the event 0n August 29, 2004 (our father's birthday).
He did it in 12:45:53! I couldn't even do the run portion in 12 hr!
Here's his certificate of completing the event.

No comments:
Post a Comment