GJA was to turn off the computer yesterday night, but had to leave it running because it was doing some uploading of files. NBD! It shuts down automatically anyway (except the power bar).
So, I come to turn on the computer and it spinning and spinning and going nowhere. I turn it off and on a couple of times...but I'm ready to give it a big heave-ho out the window. Then, I notice that the light on the monitor isn't on...which we NEVER TURN OFF!
Here I am, for at least 1/2 hour, waiting for this darn computer to turn on...and it was probably fine all along...except that I didn't KNOW THAT because the stupid monitor was off.
DUH..................
Why he did that....you'll have to ask him.
To prevent monitor "burn-in" in case the screen saver doesn't kick on because the uploading files continue to make minute changes on the screen?
ReplyDeleteMaybe...I think he's just anal retentive
ReplyDelete