Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 - organize scrapbook area/supplies

In the cricut circle, there is a challenge to organize your scrapbook supplies and area.  One person (Amy) posted a link to a blog where they were organizing their space - I liked the 1st steps because it gets you to focus on what's working and not working for you currently, rather than diving in and organizing embellishments or paper or whatever.  I think its a good idea to see whether what you are using for the various components are working or not before you start organizing, otherwise, you may organize it in a way that also won't work for you.

SO...Here's the link from that blog 

And...here's the listing from the blog of the steps.

Week 1 - Space Audit
Immerse yourself in your space - what do you love? What annoys the daylights out of you?

Week 2 - Brainstorming
If the Scrap Fairy DID exist, what is your idea of the perfect space?

Week 3 - Clean Slate
Get out the boxes ladies, it's moving day!

Week 4 - Paper
We're all guilty on this one. I know my stash could wallpaper the White House.

Week 5 - Scraps
What to keep, what to toss, and where to store them.

Week 6 - Photos (print and digital)
Solutions for your most prized possessions.

Week 7 - Ideas
What to do with that 3' stack of layout ideas under your bed.

Week 8 - Projects, Incomplete Pages and Kits
I found a system to help you get these off your table and into your albums!

Week 9 - Embellishments
Containers galore!

Week 10 - Alphas
Stickers, chipboard and rub on storage.

Week 11 - Non-Alpha Stickers and Rub-ons
When a giant box just doesn't work anymore.

Week 12 - Ribbon, Thread and Fibers
My pretty little things!

Week 13 - Stamps
Know what you have and where they're located!

Week 14 - Crop Supplies
How to keep the sanity in your space when you're always on the go!

Week 15 - Ink, Ink Pads and Embossing
How to deal with these little things that take up so much room!

Week 16 - Paints and Glitter and Stickles
Oh my!

Week 17 - Punches
Not the boxing kind.

Week 18 - Tools and Adhesive
Keeping them handy

Week 19 - Chipboard (raw)
Sheets or die cuts, let's get them in place!

Week 20 - Die Cuts
By theme and by color

Week 21 - Pens and Pencils
The basics we can't live with and can't live without!

Week 22 - Dies for Die Cutting Machines
Quickutz, Sizzix, Cuttlebug, and more!

Week 23 - Templates
Plastic and metal

Week 24 - Memorabilia
How to store your glorious collection of ketchup packets for that layout you're going to do...someday....really!

Week 25 - Negatives
Yeah, we probably will never use these again, but they need to be stored safely!

Week 26 - New Items and Keeping it Neat
How to avoid re-taking this Challenge

Week 27 - Fonts
First step....stop downloading!

Week 28 - Cards and Card-Making Supplies
What DO you do with 300+ birthday cards?

Week 29 - Room and Space Decor
Time to make all your hard work look pretty!


Anyway, that's the theory, I hope I can do it.  The problem I have is that the room is too small for everything that is done in it - all taxes/paperwork for the house plus dead computers etc.  The hoarder in the house won't deal with it and won't let me do it, so I'm kinda stuck...but I'll do the best I can.  He did suggest getting more book shelves, which might help...but since he's busy until June...it'll take awhile before I get anything really useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment