Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 2 cont... - Brainstorming

Now, reality. 

Main problem area is the tax stuff taking up space.  If the scrapbook fairy came, she'd whisk these boxes out of here and things would be good.  OR, in my wildest dreams, she'd magically make a scrapbook area for me in the basement.  Since NEITHER of these options are going to happen (DH thinks the tax stuff needs to be upstairs in-case of a flood) and I can't get into the basement because DH is a hoarder and there's no room for me to walk...forget about a workspace or shelving or anything like that.  I think that having 2 more book shelves will be good...but really, that will only work IF the tax stuff will fit into one of them.

Boxes would be nice to store extra blades, adhesive, pop-dots..all that stuff that doesn't stack well.

SO - I took a hour and filled 1 empty photo box with photos which cleared up an area to put my cartridge container (since I only really need access to it when my friends are over once every couple of months).  I also found another empty photo box and filled it with blades & photo splits and vellum tape.

I also found an envelope filled with nestabilities!  Unbelievable - it arrived during PJ's birthday and just got brought in and left there and then buried with stuff.  Now they are up in the nasty zipper binder thing...but at least out of the way (since I never use them).  Now that I've moved these few things, I can see my jukebox...well...that needs a home somewhere out of the way because I shan't be using it (I hope).

There are nests of things all over the place - I'm going to go in and find some more.  Send a search party if you don't hear from me tomorrow. ;)

2 comments:

  1. One box at a time...one box at a time! Good luck as you get organized! Enjoy the journey! Have fun with all the new 'toys' you find as you take...one box at a time! :0)
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carolyn.

    I also found some Making Memories stamps in tins - very cute and I remember them, but you know, I never used them and I'm pretty sure if I haven't used them in 10 years, I'm not going to start to do so now, so they need a new home.

    ReplyDelete