Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scrapbook Layout - 2009 1st day of school

Here's a layout done 100% with my stash of paper and supplies.  This is PJ's 1st day of preschool in Sept 2009.  The preschool teacher had visited all the kids at home the week prior and we also had a hour visit in the class room the day before school started.  I was SO surprised that he took the teacher's hand and walked in without complaint.  Several of the kids were upset and crying and then so were the Moms.  He normally has separation anxiety so I was surprised.  It was a short - 2 day school week.  Come the next week, he realized this wasn't a one-shot deal an then started to fuss about going in...but did go with just a wee bit of fuss...because he enjoyed it. 




I just love the title - which is from Locker Talk.  I used lots of pop-dots on the apple.

8 comments:

  1. Another great LO. I beginning to suspect that you like green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so cute! Your son is adorable!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kelly. Funny you should say I like green...I'm more of a blue fan but DS looks good in green so it just works. In an attempt to not use blue all the time, I end up using a lot of green. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind comments, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that there seems to be more color choices out there for a "girl" look rather then a boy. For a few pages I have attempted to use non boy colors. But I know what you mean about blues and greens, I have a lot of those pages as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I KNOW, Kelly! So many choices for girl stuff. TONS of bling and flowers from every manufacturer...UGH!

    Also...clothing is the same...there are 5 color choices of tops and pants and also 5 choices of designs of each of these. For boys...here's your red, blue, green brown...and 1 design.

    Its frustrating because WHO'S buying this stuff...the WOMEN are...so give us some darn choices...Moms of boys need some shopping fun...not just the Moms of girls.

    GRR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree about boys clothes, so frustrating. Not to mention that all the cute blogs out there design their stuff for their little girl...which if I had a little girl it would be great! I have two boys, I want more boy stuff period!

    ReplyDelete