As the stomach turns....
So, as I was working on my scrapbook page to see how my space works for me, I reached for my copics! I totally forgot that I had them and you know why, its because they are in baby wipe tubs underneath the computer desk. They are easy to reach and I know they are there when I need to use them (just not when I'm taking photos or writing about scrapbooking supplies). I'm not a big copics person, so this method is working.
Also, as I was trying to clean off my wee work-space, I found the cuttlebug folder I used for Christmas cards (because that pile on my workspace was from making Christmas cards/gifts). So, I didn't include that on my original post. My cuttlebug machine is also underneath the computer desk - very handy (more handy then its prior spot - way in the far corner of the room). My folders (which there aren't that many of) are in a plastic box with a lid. It works...except today, because I see that GJA has put some tax papers on it (stuff he was "cleaning" before guests arrived for Christmas)...hence why it didn't get remembered in yesterday's post. I also have some fiskars texture plates that don't fit into THIS box - annoying - so they are elsewhere. I wish they were all together because I think I'd like to use them too as they have some cute animal etc textures. The other problem is the mats - they are on the floor and separated from the machine. I have nowhere to put them that is easily accessible other than where they currently are...so there, they may have to stay. I typically only use them for cards, which I only make at Christmas, so they don't need a prime spot - however, I am trying to use them more on my cricut cuts because I love the look of it when I see other people using them. Things that make you go...hmmm. OK...here's the box and there is a lit that fits nicely and has a flat-top handle.
And yet another thing is other embellishments. As I was looking for my box to put back my embossing folder, I found my box of brads/eyelets. I got a bunch of bead holders at Michael's for cheap and organized them all by color/item. Then I have 7 of them inside the large portion of the "snap-rite ribbon holder" that I use the small portion for my cricut cartridges. I like that they are nicely stored and out of the way...but they are so out of the way that I forget that I have them (even though they technically are right under my finger tips). Hmmm - I guess I don't know how to use them or don't like them as much as I thought...things that make you go ... hmmm. Here's these embellishments:
Now, another problem is photos - I have photos everywhere. I easily develop over 3000 photos a year - digital cameras are evil! I have them all organized by date in the boxes they arrive in from Walmart (or wherever had a sale). They are all labeled - month/year so I know which box I need next. I keep the current year that I'm working on in a Michael's photo box and have a tab-between each month so I know where I am. That isn't a problem - the problem is finding space to store all these photos - I have some in photo boxes on the book shelf in this wee room. The organized ones that are in the Walmart boxes are, well, in a few places - some are by the computer on the floor, some are in our bedroom on the floor. I'm happy with the organization and ease to find...just that there's so many in so many places...that's the problem. Maybe the solution is to scrapbook faster! ;)
Now, another problem is photos - I have photos everywhere. I easily develop over 3000 photos a year - digital cameras are evil! I have them all organized by date in the boxes they arrive in from Walmart (or wherever had a sale). They are all labeled - month/year so I know which box I need next. I keep the current year that I'm working on in a Michael's photo box and have a tab-between each month so I know where I am. That isn't a problem - the problem is finding space to store all these photos - I have some in photo boxes on the book shelf in this wee room. The organized ones that are in the Walmart boxes are, well, in a few places - some are by the computer on the floor, some are in our bedroom on the floor. I'm happy with the organization and ease to find...just that there's so many in so many places...that's the problem. Maybe the solution is to scrapbook faster! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment